WHAT IS VIDEO MARKETING AND WHY IS IT IMPORTANT?
Video Marketing is not a new concept. From the inception of traditional television commercials from back in the day to today’s various digital media platforms, video consumption has become vital.
The human attention span is close to nonexistent. And the most efficient and effective way of getting a message across in a split second of time. Not only does it lead to a higher retention rate, but it generates more engagement, hence, leading to more sales.
REASONS FOR VIDEO MARKETING
- Improve your SEO: Studies show that incorporating videos in your online content boosts your SEO ranking significantly. The chances of your website landing on the first page of Google’s search results will increase by 53 times, as stated by ComScore.
- Capture the Attention of Consumers: There is no doubt that a video captures the audience’s attention way more than any other form of media. Given the fact that there is an abundance of content available to us these days, it is vital that your content stands out from the rest.
- Increased Engagement: Similar to what is mentioned above, any audience will respond better to visual content. The case is no different when it comes to videos. The chances of your customers reacting and engaging to video content over any other blog posts are 10 times higher.
- Technology Favors Video Marketers: Technology will adapt according to the consumer’s actions. Both video consumption and production have increased prominently over recent years. And technology is reacting accordingly. Take Facebook’s autoplay feature for example. While on your Facebook news feed, an auto-played video is more likely to interrupt your scrolling than a regular status update.
- More Opportunities for Optimization: It’s harder to decipher what is working and what is not for a blog post. While in videos, you get all the stats on your audience’s activities, the same cannot be said for your blog posts. Due to the built-in feedback loop, you can see the number of times your video has been watched, the drop off points, and even measure the click through rate. Based off of these data, you can actually spend your time and effort on the things that your audience is liking the best.
- Increase in Retention Rates: If you want to get your message across to your audience, the guaranteed way is through a video. Consumers are likely to watch a better part of a video than any text-based content.
- Stronger Connections through Emotions: Due to the many attributes of a video, such as music, tone of voice, and facial expressions, it is likely to evoke more emotions than any other form of media. Incorporating emotions in your marketing strategy helps immensely with a consumer’s decision.
- Increased Accessibility: Granted the production of a video used to be very time consuming and extremely costly, the case for it today is not the same. There is various video editing software now available in the market that makes editing a video very easy.
HOW TO GET STARTED WITH VIDEO MARKETING
If you have any unresolved questions regarding video marketing and what it means for your business, feel free to reach out to Cyrusson to learn more. Our team of experts will also help you create a video marketing strategy that is best suited for your business.