To get the SEO of your law firm right, it is important to keep five aspects of law firm SEO in mind. This article talks about these five aspects in detail. A website acts as a crucial platform for a small law firm as it helps attract new clients, retain older ones, and becomes a space that lawyers can call their own.
Gone are the days when a simple web presence was enough. Today you must continuously work on it, keep it updated and ensure that it is doing its job well. All this happens when you pay attention to law firm SEO. Search engine optimization (SEO) is that backbone that makes sure your website is attracting search engine bots, visitors, prospective clients, and leads. For your website traffic to be organic, you must keep the following five aspects of law firm SEO in mind.
5 Aspects of Law Firm SEO
You can achieve SEO with your law firm website only when you publish high-quality content, have top-notch UX and keep a few other technical things (which we shall discuss below) in mind. Paying 70% of your attention to content, 20% to UX and the remaining 10% to other factors will ensure that your website is SEO-friendly.
1 – Content
The saying “content is king” can never get old. Well-written content will always improve your search engine rankings. That’s mainly because Google likes connecting searchers to useful content. Since it primarily focuses on text to predict, if your website can provide a good answer to a search query, you will get better rankings.
You must realize that every time Google sends a visitor to your website, it learns two things –
- That, when a visitor stays on the website, Google learns that it can send more visitors with similar searches to your website.
- That, if the visitor returns to Google home page, the search engine is unlikely to send future similar search references back to your website.
If you are serious about attorney SEO, you must pay attention to the content that’s being published. Regardless of your budget, you must make sure that the content is top-notch for Google to even notice you.
2 – User Experience
When you are a UX-driven law firm, you will be willing to take an objective approach while designing your website so that visitors turn into leads. If you want to nail your lawyer SEO, keep the following user experience (UX) drivers in mind –
- Site Architecture – This ensures how the content in your site is organized. Every user should be able to intuitively move about your site without having to think about it.
- Readability – Too much animation or even a moving background can be distracting and makes it difficult for the reader to focus on the words. Instead, your UX focus should be on appropriately-sized fonts and image-text balance.
- Ease in Conversions – The aim of your website design should be to make visitors act within the site. You should design that educates, convinces, and finally, converts.
Your website UX must be such that visitors feel at ease once they browse. There is so predictable formula for this apart from the simple fact that the site should be easy to look at and browse through.
3 – Website Structure
Simplicity works best for law firm websites. To give the content and UX prominence, keep these three things in mind.
- Develop a responsive, mobile-friendly design that can automatically adjust the UX for all devices. This ensures that every visitor has the best experience.
- Ensure that you have a valid security certificate that ensures the security of every visitor and is universally accepted.
- Minimize the loading time of your website. You must remember that the faster your site loads, the better it performs on search engine indices.
As we have previously mentioned, avoid moving backgrounds, too much animation, and anything that distracts from the content.
4 – Compliance
Be sure to comply with Google publishing guidelines because it rewards high-quality original content but punishes manipulators. It has become almost impossible to use any manipulative tactics such as buying links to impress Google because its enforcement technology is cutting edge.
If you are looking for a cost-effective and sustainable idea for your law site, make sure you are following Google’s guidelines.
5 – Authority
Finally, your SEO should be geared towards making the website an authoritative place of information for relevant search queries. If Google attributes this tag to you, you have successfully –
- Published useful content,
- Ensured that the content can be easily utilized,
- Your inbound links are effective.
You must pay special attention to inbound links because doing it wrong can hurt your SEO. Never solicit or purchase links as they can easily violate Google guidelines. Effective inbound links are the ones that are not controlled by your agency, and for which you have not solicited compensation.
Remember, you cannot fake authority by “buying” inbound links. That’s never going to happen. Instead, go back to the basics – focus on your content, UX, and website structure and, the authority will eventually fall into place.
There is no denying the fact that it takes time for SEO to show results. You must be patient and consistent. It is easy to give up or simply say you do not have the resources. But giving up is not an option. Instead, talk to a digital marketing agency that specializes in search engine optimization. Cyrusson Inc. is a leading agency that has years of experience working with small businesses and law firms on their SEO campaigns. Get in touch with us today to know how your website can get the boost it deserves.