Landing pages are webpages that foremost captures the visitor’s information using a form, termed as a lead capture form or a conversion form. Generally, landing pages are targeted for consumers who land on it through large traffic such as an email campaign or a pay-per-click advertisement that promotes your business. The marketing team of your business needs to focus on getting landing pages that serve to get people on to your webpage and then take an appropriate action (also called Call-To-Action). Remember that these landing pages are distinct and different from the home page or other key pages of your website. The single objective of putting up a landing page is to convert a visitor into a customer for your business.
Characteristics Of Great Landing Pages
Every landing page is created with the intent of focused marketing on the special offers of your business or for the purpose of letting the customer take specific actions on the page such as downloading a brochure/ registering for a webinar. Since the landing pages handle specific and targeted content for the end users, they need to be good enough to retain the users for a longer period of time and engage them as needed. Here are some important characteristics to a good or rather a great landing page:
- Keep content that is focused on what the visitor was assured of seeing/ getting prior to navigating to the landing page. Don’t brag about your business or put up an ‘About Us’ content on to it that will get them bored. Though it can be branded or themed according to your business, landing pages need to be precise and crisp
- Simple forms and gathering limited information should be the objective of your landing page. If there is a lot of information that needs to be gathered, phase it out in the user journey and give clear indications
- Demographical/ localized content can be helpful for visitors who will land to your websites from search engines with the right combination of keywords
- Social media integrated landing pages will witness greater engagement with customers who land from social networking sites such as Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn
- For lead capturing purposes for your business, there needs to be further Call-to-Action that can engage the visitor to a larger extent. Ex: Video, Audio downloads and Signing up for a Free-Consultation, or Registering for a Webinar
- Landing pages need to be your data collection spot to assess the success of your business’s marketing strategies. They need to gather marketing insights and related statistics for your business. This data will be imperative to optimize your strategy and improve your conversions
Landing pages need to be followed by a ‘Thank-You’ page that can affirm that your visitor’s Call-To-Action was successful. An automated email/text that details the next steps in the process can also be sent to the visitor.
Ensure that your business website has enough landing pages – the more, the merrier! Having a number of landing pages will improve the conversion rate of your visitors. If you need a professional team to help curate landing pages, The Cyrusson Team is more than willing to help so don’t hesitate to contact us!