A Digital Marketing Audit is a procedure that is recommended for businesses owners to evaluate their online presence and to determine the effectiveness of previously implemented marketing strategies for their brand’s reach. Through a digital marketing audit, a thorough check on your marketing strategies is done. The effectiveness of the strategies in the performance of your ads, SEO, and the content on the social media & website are gathered to identify if any gaps/ loopholes still exist. For your own personalized marketing audit & marketing strategy session please click here!
Components of a Digital Marketing Audit:
- Search Engine Optimization Audit – A SEO audit focuses on metadata, backlinks, crawl-ability and other aspects that affect the ranking of the webpages of your business site. The outcome is a consolidated report which is sorted based on the priority of addressing the largest of problems first.Digital Marketing Audit Example
- Website Audit –User experience is the key attribute that gets assessed through the website audit. Besides this, the website security, site health (architectural aspects), competitor website analysis are other aspects covered through this check.
- Content Marketing Audit – Websites are driven through great content and it needs to be updated to recent trends. The summary of blogs and landing pages will be meticulously assessed for title tags, keywords, meta description and for the uniqueness of the content. Based on these results, the content marketing strategies will be revisited for generating more traffic to your site
- Social Media Audit – The social media presence of your business is assessed in this. Assessment of the social community movement yields a strategic plan that can focus on improving the social media footprint of your business
- PPC Audit – The knowledge of how the campaigns are performing is important as well. The Pay-Per-Click (PPC) audit covers the campaign settings, the impression share, the click-through rates, and the conversion rates. The improvement plan is devised with these metrics for your business.
- Listings Audit: Do you know if people will be able to find you through your online listings such as Google, Facebook, and Yelp? Since 81% of people say their #1 source for searching a business is online, you might need some help ensuring that your listings are accurate. 73% of consumers lose trust in a brand when their listings are incorrect.
- Reviews Reviews: Every minute, businesses are being shaped by consumers who are exchanging dialogue and sharing reviews about them online. And since 97% of consumers find local business info on the web, you need a way pay attention to what your customers are saying. Ensure you are steadily generating new reviews is essential to showcase that your business’s customer service is still top notch & are still thriving.
Why is a Digital Marketing Audit needed?
The core needs to get a digital marketing audit done is aligning towards the business’ goal of improving the brand’s online presence. This can be delved deeper as follows:
- A thorough evaluation of your site architecture, SEO and content will pave the way to strategize a plan that will focus on improving your ranking in the major search engines.
- An improvement in the overall conversion will be the main objective for performing an audit
- Strategizing your SEO or improving SEO using SERP tools so that it aligns to your business goals will depend on the outcome of your Search Engine Optimization Audit that you do for your site.
- Understand the reasons for the drop in visitors (onsite/ offsite issues) and patch the gaps in order to generate more traffic
- Optimizing content so as to keep your visitors engaged is a key benefit by doing a good content audit. Keywords improvising, metadata enrichment and state-of-the-year content are sure to show significant and better progress in your website trends
- Competitor analysis that is part of your digital marking audit will enable your website’s performance against competitors’. Adapting similar tactics of competitors can also be helpful
- Understanding the trends in the current year’s traffic, especially the hourly, weekly and monthly trends will empower you to change the site’s content to align with the customer behavior
It is advised that businesses align with performing this audit at least twice or thrice a year. Keeping abreast of digital marketing changes is a way of keeping your position ahead in the race for online visibility and high conversions. To get your digital marketing audit & marketing strategy session please click here!